Are you staying away from your home due to your studies? Is it challenging to manage your college and hostel fees? There is nothing to worry about. The Government of Maharashtra has organized a Maintenance Allowance Scheme for SC students in professional courses. This initiative by the Maharashtra Government will help ease the additional burden of the hostel and college fees on the students’ lives. Implementation of this Scheme for the SC students will enable them to fulfill their daily expenses with respect to their ongoing professional courses. Maintenance Allowance Scheme for SC Students
Read further to know what benefits they offer and how to avail this maintenance allowance. Where and how you can use this money that will benefit you.
Table of Contents
What is the Maintenance Allowance Scheme for SC Students?
Maintenance allowance is a program started by the Maharashtra Government to help the SC caste students with their professional course fees. This will fund the students with their additional costs, which would include their professional course textbooks, Hostel fees, Food, and Stationery items like pens, books, compasses, journals, and other items. This will give them a boost and help them pursue their education without thinking about their additional living cost. The grant will be automatically transferred to the student’s bank account by direct bank transfer method.
Benefits of this Program
This Scheme will cover all the hostel costs. This will apply from their date of joining to the Exam date or a maximum of up to 10 months. The benefit structure will be as follows:
|Students who reside in Government Hostel
|Students eligible for Government Hostel but living in Private Hostels
|Duration of course between 4-5 years – Rs 700 per month
|Duration of course between 4-5 years – Rs 1000 per month
|Duration of course below 2-3 years- Rs 500 per month
|Duration of course below 2-3 years- Rs 700 per month
|Duration of course below 2 years- Rs 500 per month
|Duration of course below 2 years- Rs 500 per month
Eligibility Criteria to apply for Maintenance Allowance for SC Students
In case you are from the SC category and wish to apply for this Governement Allowance Scheme. Here is the eligibility criteria that you need to know before filling out the online Application form.
- The students must be pursuing Professional Courses.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of India and possess a domicile in Maharashtra State.
- They must belong to the SC category.
- Students must be the scholarship holder of the Government of India.
- Applicant should be pursuing Professional Courses.
- The candidates must reside in Hostel (Government or private).
- The family income will be as per the Government of India Scholarship Scheme, i.e., the annual income limitation should be less than or equivalent to 2.5 lakhs.
List of Mandatory Documents that are required
Once you have read all the above eligibility criteria, you must know the documents necessary to fill out the online form. The list is as follows:
- Valid Income Certificate of Parents approved by the Government of India, tehsildar of the Taluka.
- Warden letter in case the student is not getting admission to the Hostel.
- Caste Certificate of the Applicant.
- Receipt of College Admission.
- Candidates Registration or Application ID with Government of India Post Matric Scholarship Scheme.
Selection Criteria for the Maintenance Allowance for SC Students
The selection of the candidate will depend on the fulfillment of their eligibility criteria and all the documents attached while filling out the online Application form.
How to Apply for the Maintenance Allowance for SC Students
All you have to do is visit the Official Website page of the MahaDBT. After visiting the website, kindly follow the steps below.
- After you press the above link, you will be directed to the Home page.
- Click the Maharashtra Maintenance Allowance for SC Students option on the Screen.
- Log in with your Username and Password.
- If you haven’t registered yet, Kindly click on the New Applicants option.
- Go through the Aadhar Verification Process using your OTP.
- Click on the Registration Button and fill in all the details. You will be automatically redirected to the welcome page of the official website.
- On the left-hand corner, a profile icon will be displayed.
- Fill in all the basic details, such as your Full name, email ID, phone number, Address, Email ID, and Date of Birth.
- Fill in the relevant details. Also, attach documents such as the Family income certificate, caste certificate, College Admission receipts, Photograph, and Valid Government-approved photo ID such as an Aadhar or PAN card.
- Once everything is attached, click on the Submit Button.
Alternative Method for Applying for this Scheme
- Click on the Apply Button.
- Press the Register button on the Screen.
- Log on with your username and password.
- Create an account with your Gmail ID/Mobile Number if not registered.
- Press the ‘New Applicant Registration’ button on the top right side of the Screen.
- Fill up all the required details.
- Verify your email ID and phone number.
- Complete the Aadhar Authentication process using biometrics or OTP.
- After the essential information is filled in.
- Upload the crucial necessary document.
- Cross-verify all the details entered and then press the Submit Option.
Last Date to Apply for the Scholarship Allowance Scheme
The last date to apply is on 31st March 2024. Click here to Apply now before the due date ends.
More Other Scholarship Information : Click Here