Education is the utmost right of every student. Financial barriers cannot restrain them from seeking knowledge. Hence, to lessen their financial burden. We come up with another scholarship. State Government Open Merit Scholarship is a fantastic scheme for students who cannot afford to pay for their education. State Government Open Merit Scholarship 2024
Let us see the benefits of this scheme and whether or not you fit into the eligibility criteria. Read further to learn if you are interested in this Scholarship.
Table of Contents
What is a State Government Open Merit Scholarship?
The Directorate of Higher Education (DHE) under the Maharashtra Government has started the State Government Open Merit Scholarship. This Scholarship aims to provide financial help to students from weaker sections of society. All the students who have passed their 12th standard can apply for this Scholarship.
Also Read this – Government Vidyaniketan Scholarship 2024
Benefits of this Program
Under this program, the selected student will receive a scholarship of Rs 100 per month to cover their educational expenses. The selection will be based on the merit list of the students. This scheme will provide a solid backup to students seeking financial help. Thus making them independent and stress-free.
Also, this initiative, sponsored by the Maharashtra Government, will encourage more and more students to seek education and further studies. Overall, it gives a solid boost to the state’s literacy rate. They can focus on their studies and give their 100%, not thinking of how things will be managed regarding their education.
Also Read this – Tata Trusts Means Grant 2024
Eligibility Criteria for Applying to State Government Open Merit Scholarship
The Scholarship has specific rules and regulations to follow while completing the online form. To ensure their application is selected, the students must read the eligibility criteria before applying. Here is a list of the criteria required:
- The applicant needs to have a domicile in Maharashtra.
- Simultaneously, the student must have passed Standard 12th.
- They must have scored at least 60% marks in their 12th Board.
- The candidate must take Graduation courses. ( Arts, Science, Law or commerce stream)
- Maharashtrian students studying outside of Maharashtra in any other state are ineligible.
Also Read this – AICTE- Saksham Scholarship Scheme 2024
Once you have glanced thoroughly towards the eligibility criteria, there are a few documentation procedures that an applicant has to be ready with. Non-availability of any document will lead to the non-selection of the student for this scheme. Make sure to read the document list carefully.
- Domicile certificate of Maharashtra.
- A college bonafide certificate.
- Passport-size photograph of the candidate.
- Candidates mark sheet of Standard 12th.
- Government ID proof issued by the government, such as an Aadhar or PAN card.
Also Read this – Inlaks Fellowship for Social Engagement 2024
How can I apply for this Scholarship?
If you are eligible and have the required documents, proceed to APPLY NOW button. Once you click the link. Follow the procedure below.
- Click on the ‘Apply Now’ option displayed on the page.
- Press the ‘Register Now’ button and enter your registration details.
- If you have registered, refrain from doing so and press the Login Option.
- Enter your Email ID/ Mobile Number.
- Click on the ‘New Applicant Registration’ Option.
- Fill in all the details and verify your Email ID and phone number.
- Go through the Aadhar Authentication procedure using your OTP or biometrics.
- After you complete the authentication process, fill in the required details and press the ‘Register’ Button.
- Click the ‘Applicant’s Login Button’ on the right-hand side of the dashboard.
- Fill in the required details, add the specified documents, and click the ‘Submit’ Option.
Also Read this – Nikon Scholarship Program 2024
Last Date to Apply for State Government Open Merit Scholarship
Kindly note that the last date to apply for this scholarship scheme is 31st March 2024. If you are eligible, fill in the application form now.
More Other Scholarship Information : Click Here